When you visit a website, cookies are stored on the hard drive of your computer by the server of the website you visit. A cookie is a computer file that contains data : the name of the server that has registered, an identifier in the form of a unique number, and sometimes an expiration date.
The roles of these cookies Cookies allow us to know the frequency of the pages that you visit and see what interests you. Subsequently, the company, through its website, will be able to highlight more contents to meet your needs. The cookies tell the site when you return and how often. They allow for example : - the safeguarding of the basket ; - identification during a new visit ; - memorization of the consultations ; - the backup user names, and custom pages ; - the proper functioning of the online shop.
Cookies help you to be more effective in your visits, as it improves your user experience by remembering a number of your settings. When you put an item in a virtual shopping cart on an online store, you can, thanks to the cookies, to find this article even a few days later.
Where are they stored ? This information is sometimes stored on your computer in a simple text file which a server accesses to read and record information.
The different cookies We use four types of cookies :
- Functional cookies : These cookies are essential for the proper functioning of the site. They do not follow your browsing activities on the Internet and do not collect information about you, but are used to provide you with options that are optimized and more personal. Functional cookies allow for example to manage and secure the access to reserved spaces and personal spaces such as your account.
- The cookies of measure of audience : These cookies are used to track your visit on the pages of our site that you visit for statistical purposes (number of visits, page views, abandonment in the checkout process . .). This allows us to better understand your use of our site and to tailor it to meet your needs.
- Third party cookies : These cookies allow us to provide you with services tailored to what you see on the web. These are mostly cookies related to transactions for targeted advertising relevant to your interests in order to personalize the offers that we send you. When you go to the site 4-pieds.com one or more cookies from partner companies (third party cookies) are likely to be placed in your computer via the pages of our website or through the content distributed in our advertising spaces (to identify the products viewed or purchased on our site to personalize the advertising offer which is addressed to you outside the site 4-pieds.com...)
- Cookies from social network sharing : These cookies are generated by the buttons of social networks that facilitate the sharing of our website content on different social platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+. They allow social networks to trace your browsing on our site, whether you are users of these platforms or not.
Note that only the cookies of measure of audience, third parties, and sharing on social networks are subject to your prior consent.
You can accept or reject cookies by your browser
An appointment directly on your browser at this address :
You can also set your cookies directly in your browser's settings.
Choose the "Tools" menu (or "Tools"), then "Options Internet" (ou "Internet Options").
Click on the "Privacy" tab (or "Confidentiality").
Select the desired level using the cursor.
For Mozilla Firefox 3 and following :
Choose the menu "Tools" then "Options".
Click on the "privacy"icon.
Locate the menu "Cookie" and select the options that suit you.
For Google Chrome :
Click on the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
Click on "Show advanced settings".
In the "Privacy" section, click on the button "content Settings".
In the "Cookies" section, you can modify the following settings :
- Delete cookies - Block cookies by default - Allow cookies by default
Online management through multi-sector initiatives You can log into the site Youronlinechoicesproposed by professional digital advertising grouped within the european association EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance) and managed in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France. This european platform is shared by hundreds of advertising professionals on the Internet and constitutes a centralized interface allowing you to express your refusal or acceptance of cookies used to tailor advertisements to the browsing of your terminal. Note that this procedure does not preclude the display of advertisements on the websites that you visit. It will not block the technologies that can adapt advertisements to your interests.